Smoking can hook you because cigarettes contain nicotine which is highly addictive. But being hooked is not an excuse why you cannot quit smoking.
Smoking has been proven by several researches to be great threat to one’s health, that is why there is no reason why one who is already hooked to it should not quit smoking.
Do you know these facts:
- If you smoke, you will be twelve times more likely to die from lung cancer.
- If you smoke you will be ten times more likely to die from some form of lung disease.
- If you smoke, you will be ten times more likely to die from cancer of the larynx.
- If you smoke you will be six times more likely to die of heart disease and you will be twice as likely to die of a stroke.
Why quit smoking?
- If you quit smoking, you will definitely live longer and better.
- Each time you smoke, you take about 5 to 20 minutes off your life. Your chance of getting lung cancer, stroke or heart attack increases if you don’t quit smoking.
- The people you live with, especially the children, will be healthier only if you stop smoking. In fact, second hand smoke is more dangerous than the actual smoke users get from smoking.
- Become a role model for children, grandchildren, friends and family.
- If you quit smoking, you will have extra money to spend on other things than cigarettes.
- Men who are heavy pot smokers can often suffer the effects of impotency and are unable to produce an erection.
- If you’re pregnant, chances of having a healthier baby is more likely if you quit smoking.
- Quitting smoking gives you more time to spend it with family and friends.
Everyone can quit smoking so don’t hesitate to at least try to quit smoking also. Quit smoking now and I guarantee you a healthier, better and longer life.